With a plethora of possibilities...
Makes 4 x 1/4 cup pancakes. You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- 1/2 cup wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp Natvia (depends on your taste for sweetness; you can sub Natvia with a different stevia blend, sugar, or any liquid sweetener you like. If using a liquid sweetener, cut the amount of water/plant milk back by however much sweetener you use.)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp water or plant milk (for thicker pancakes, leave out the extra tbsp).
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Form a well in the centre; pour in the liquid ingredients and whisk until just combined (don't over mix the batter or the pancakes will be tough).
- Leave the mixture to stand for at least 5-10 minutes (this is key to their fluffiness!)
- Heat a non-stick pan (or crepe maker if you have one) to a medium heat. (If your pan is prone to sticking, grease it first with dairy-free margarine or vegetable oil.)
- Pour out 1/4 cup scoops of mixture per pancake into the pan; do not spread.
- Cook until the bubbles have popped and the surface of the pancake appears mostly dry.
- Flip & cook until golden on the opposite side.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings (see ideas above) and enjoy!